Star Ratings + Results:
- Sasha Banks and Bayley win the Women’s Tag Team Titles in the Elimination Chamber ***3/4
- The Usos defeat Shane Mcmahon and The Miz to win the SD Live Tag Titles ***1/4
- Finn Balor defeats Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush in a Handicap Match to win the IC Title *
- Ronda Rousey defeats Ruby Riott to retain the Raw Women’s Title N/A
- Baron Corbin defeats Braun Strowman in a No DQ Match *
Women’s Tag Team Elimination Chamber Match to Crown Inaugural Women’s Tag Titles:
- Sasha Banks and Bayley start with Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.
- Mandy Rose catches her foot in the chain and Bayley hits a brutal neckbreaker sending Rose onto the Chamber floor.
- Riott Squad is in at #3.
- Logan sends Banks’ previously injured shoulder hard into a pod.
- Absolution and Riott Squad strike-off for a while and they run a very weird slow sequence.
- Huge Chain Bomb off the corner with everybody a part of it but Bayley takes the hardest fall.
- The IIconics at #4.
- Tandem offense by the IIconics on Sasha Banks almost eliminates her and Bayley.
- IIconics press Bayley and Sasha into the chain wall and do some offense outside but still can’t put away Sasha and Bayley.
- Naomi and Carmella at #5.
- Carmella looks a huge bit off her game after the Corey Graves scandal.
- Carmella huricanranas Billie Kay into the chain wall.
- Big move sequence from all teams goes for a while and gets pretty good.
- Naomi and Mandy Rose square-off, IIconics capitalize and eliminate Naomi and Carmella with a pinning combo.
- IIconics get cornered by the rest of the teams but the entrance of Nia Jax and Tamina Snuka save them as they take everyone out.
- IIconics get themselves back in their pods to escape Jax and Tamina but they open the pod and take out the IIconics and whip them into the chain wall. Double Samoan Drop by Jax and Tamina eliminates the IIconics.
- Absolution takes Jax down with a strike sequence to get a near fall.
- Weird botch in the corner where Deville is supposed to be sent into Rose by Banks but Rose moves out of the way at the last second and it’s awkward. Double Stomp in the corner by Banks to Rose and Deville gets a near fall but Jax and Tamina break it up.
- Sarah Logan and Liv Morgan dive off the chamber to take out Jax, Deville, and Rose.
- Samoan Drop off the second rope followed by a Splash by Tamina and Jax eliminated the Riott Squad.
- Jax tries to spear Bayley through the pod but Bayley dodges and Jax sends herself through the pod. Bayley hits an elbow drop to Tamina and Absolution helps them cover Snuka to eliminate Tamina and Jax.
- Backstabber/Bayley to Belly combo by Banks and Sasha gets a really near fall on Deville.
- Mandy Rose climbs the cage but Banks and Bayley meet her at the top, Deville comes up to help, Rose knocks Bayley down and Deville meets her with a spear into the pod support beam. Banks comes down to check on Bayley, Rose sends her into the pod. Rose plants Banks with God’s Gift and gets a near fall.
- Banks wrenches Deville in a Banks Statement with torque added using her foot to win the match.
Winners: Sasha Banks and Bayley are Inaugural Women’s Tag Team Champions!
Rating: ***3/4, One of the better “groundbreaking” matches in a while and probably since last year’s Women’s Elimination Chamber. They kept the spots interesting even though the pace wasn’t perfect. The right team won as they will use the titles to propel their feud and everyone looked pretty good and delivered some solid character moments and some decent fun. Good opener even though the future of the Women’s Tag Division looks weak.
The Usos vs. Shane Mcmahon and The Miz(c) for the Smackdown Live Tag Titles:
- The Miz and Jimmy Uce start the match.
- Early Coast to Coast attempt by Shane Mcmahon is interrupted by Jey Uso.
- Miz and Shane show great tandem work for a forged tag team.
- The Usos isolating The Miz working at a slower pace than normal. Hot tag by Shane Mcmahon. Floatover DDT by Mcmahon gets a near fall.
- Coast 2 Coast by Shane Mcmahon takes out Jimmy, Shane goes to Coast to Coast Jey in the other corner but he catches him mid-air with a superkick and follows it up with a splash, near fall save by The Miz.
- Springboard ax handle by The Miz, he never flies.
- Uso misses the hip attack and Miz capitalizes with a Spike DDT for a near fall.
- Miz prepares the announce table, Jimmy inadvertently suicide dives out Jey, Miz puts Jey on the table and Shane flies from the top rope to hit an elbow drop through the announce table taking out Jey. Good spot.
- Superkick by Jimmy takes out Miz, Jimmy goes for the Splash but Miz gets his knees up and rolls up for a near fall. Skull Crushing Finale by The Miz hits but Jimmy rolls up Miz to take the title after a near fall for Miz.
Winner: The Usos win the Smackdown Live Tag Titles!
Rating: ***1/4, While the pace was a bit slower than a Uso match normally stays at, it’s acceptable when both teams are fun to watch and Shane Mcmahon pulls out a couple of mad man spots. The Miz just announces his second baby and loses the title here so he might take some time off but the Usos are one of the best tag teams currently going so they get the strap in a fun match. Solid.
Finn Balor vs. Bobby Lashley(c) and Lio Rush in a 2-on-1 handicap match for the Intercontinental Title:
- Bobby Lashley stays dominant over Finn Balor keeping the match super boring.
- Finn Balor tries to dive out but Rush stops him and Bobby and Lio attack him ringside.
- Oh my god so boring it hurts.
- Bobby Lashley goes for a spear but Rush tags himself in and goes for a Frog Splash but misses.
- Tope con hiro by Finn Balor takes both out ringside, Balor pulls Rush back in and hits a Coup De Grace to win the match.
Winner: Finn Balor wins the Intercontinental Title!
Rating: *, The match was outstandingly boring. However, Finn Balor won the Intercontinental Title and that is very very high-quality stuff.
Ruby Riott vs. Ronda Rousey(c) for the Raw Women’s Title:
- Charlotte sits at ringside.
- Crowd chants we want Becky.
- Rousey taps Riott out fast as hell in an armbar.
Winner: Ronda Rousey Retains!
Rating: N/A, Squash match meant to spotlight the Mania Main Event.
- Rousey and Flair stare down, Becky Lynch crutches down to the ring. Lynch attacks Flair with the crutch. Becky also attacks Rousey and gets ejected by security.
Baron Corbin vs. Braun Strowman No DQ:
- Why again?
- Corbin attacks Braun with a kendo stick.
- Braun trucks Corbin into the barricade ringside.
- Corbin also trucks Braun ringside but with steel steps, Baron mocks Corbin.
- Corbin is getting in a solid amount of offense which is surprising.
- Running Powerslam through a table in the corner by Braun Strowman, Drew Mcintyre comes out with a steel chair to save Corbin, Bobby Lashley comes from behind with a chair shot to Braun. The trio starts to attack Braun with chairs. Lashley Shield Powerbombs Braun off steel steps through stacked tables allowing Corbin to win.
Winner: Baron Corbin
Rating: *, Another really boring match that could’ve just been a Raw filler match. A new trio is set up with Lashley, Mcintyre, and Corbin. Yawn.
Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston vs. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Daniel Bryan(c) for the WWE Title Elimination Chamber:
- Daniel Bryan and Samoa Joe start the match after an amazing promo from Bryan during his entrance.
- Joe hits some hard chops sending Bryan into the chain.
- Powerbomb/Boston Crab combo by Joe, Joe transitions into an STF then again transitions into a Crossface but Bryan escapes.
- Good opening sequence between Joe and Bryan.
- Kofi Kingston is in at #3.
- Frog Splash by Kofi to the back of Joe for a near fall, really innovative move.
- Flying knee by Bryan to Kingston draped over the top rope for a near fall.
- Thudding chop by Joe knocks Bryan down in the corner, Bryan climbs a pod to escape Joe and Daniel sits on the top of a pod. Kofi leaps up onto the pod, Bryan climbs the chain to the middle but Joe yanks him down, Kofi hits a great trust fall off the chain taking out Joe and Bryan.
- AJ Styles in at #4.
- Moonsault DDT by AJ to Bryan, Kofi comes in and catches a Double DDT from AJ.
- Bryan climbs up the chain again, Styles meets him with a springboard forearm to the back taking him down, great spot.
- Joe catches Kofi in the Coquina Clutch, Kofi flips into a pin but Joe turns it around and synchs in the hold, Kofi fights out and Styles catches Joe with a Phenomenal Forearm to eliminate Joe.
- Jeff Hardy comes in at #5.
- Hardy and Styles fight on the top rope, AJ takes a really hard crash to the floor hitting the steel on the turnbuckles. Jeff Hardy delivers a Swanton bomb to Styles over the top rope which is an amazing spot. Daniel Bryan hits a running knee to eliminate Hardy.
- Styles deadlifts himself out of the Tree of Woe and Super German Suplexes Bryan who was trying to superplex Kofi, great spot.
- Randy Orton at #6.
- Orton catches Styles mid-springboard with an RKO to eliminate him.
- Top Rope Hangman DDT by Orton to Kofi, Orton taunts the RKO but Bryan comes at him, Orton adapts and hits a powerslam on Daniel. Kofi eliminates Orton with a Trouble in Paradise. The crowd goes crazy for Kofi.
- Strikefest between Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston. The crowd investment is the best I’ve seen from WWE in a while.
- S.O.S by Kofi Kingston for a great near fall.
- Kofi catches Bryan with a standing double stomp after withstanding like 7 corner dropkicks and gets another near fall.
- Kingston unglues and rams Bryan into the chain wall repeatedly. Bryan sends Kofi running into the pod and rolls Kofi back in. Bryan gets an amazing near fall on Kofi as the crowd goes crazy again.
- Bryan does his signature headstomps but gets yet another near fall on Kofi who won’t quit.
- Kofi catches Bryan with a Trouble in Paradise for a great near fall, Bryan rolls him up for a near fall too but Daniel locks in a LaBell lock, Kofi grabs the ropes and the crowd goes crazy again.
- Bryan and Kofi climb up to the top of a pod, Kofi jams Bryan’s head into a plexiglass wall, Bryan turns the tables and jams Kofi into the same wall, Kofi gets the upper hand and kicks Bryan to the ring. Kofi splashes off the top of the pod but misses, Bryan hits the running knee for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan Retains!
Rating: ****3/4, One of the best Elimination Chamber matches I’ve ever seen. Not only were the spots unique and, in an EC match that’s really rare, but the investment into Kofi Kingston is very similar to what his opponent in the final 2 would’ve got in 2015. Kofi Kingston shined hard tonight and delivered a lifetime great performance. While the rest of the match’s timing was a bit off the closing sequences of the match were some of the best moments I’ve seen from WWE in recent years. An amazing close to a very bad PPV.
Show Grade: C-
Last Word: This was very much a 3-match PPV. The Women’s Tag Title Chamber match was fun, Usos vs. Mcmahon and Miz was also fun, but the main event stole the show and stole WWE as a whole for a while. Balor vs. Lashley and Rush and Corbin vs. Strowman were some of the worst matches on a PPV but very average RAW squashes. Riott vs. Ronda was squash and this show really didn’t do much to get us looking towards WrestleMania. The show was eh, the main event was high quality.